You may not realize that your asphalt parking lot can last many years longer with preventative maintenance. At XSealer Asphalt Maintenance, we provide asphalt sealcoating in Columbia MD, and all over Howard County. Let us show you how our services can benefit your business.
How Asphalt Deteriorates Over Time
Asphalt is made with rock or stone bound together by a compound derived from certain crude oils. This compound can break down over time when exposed to certain elements.
- Oil: Oil leaks from vehicles in your parking lot corrode the asphalt by compromising the integrity of the compound binding the asphalt aggregate together.
- Water: Rain, ice, and melted snow can break down the asphalt base, especially when draining into existing cracks.
- UV Rays: Direct exposure to UV rays breaks down the bond holding the asphalt together making it weaker and more vulnerable to cracks and damage.
- Oxidation: You can see the effects of oxidation on your parking lot in areas that are gray rather than black like charcoal. Oxidation causes the asphalt to become dry and inflexible, making it more prone to cracks.
- Heavy Vehicles: Sanitation and delivery trucks can put a strain on dry, oxidized asphalt causing cracks due to pressure from heavy loads.
How to Protect Your Parking Lot by Sealcoating
Sealcoating does exactly what its name implies. It seals the asphalt by providing a protective layer over the top of the asphalt. It’s like waterproof sunscreen for your parking lot. We all know how UV rays damage the skin. Imagine what they do to asphalt over time with day in and day out relentless exposure. Sealcoating can make your parking lot last two or more times longer.
We recommend sealcoating every 1 to 3 years. Studies show that every $1 spent on sealcoating to protect your asphalt can prevent you from spending $6 to $10 on repair and replacement costs in the future. You can’t afford not to sealcoat your parking lot.
Contact XSealer For Asphalt Sealcoating in Columbia, MD
We’ve served the metro Baltimore area for over ten years by providing businesses like yours with asphalt sealcoating in Columbia, MD and beyond. Contact us at XSealer Asphalt Maintenance today for a free quote. We look forward to showing you how our other services including line painting and crack-filling can benefit your business.