So you’ve noticed that your parking lot isn’t in the greatest shape. That isn’t great for your business or association. Your parking lot is, after all, a big part of the first impression that people form. Understandably, you have questions about parking lot repair, and you want them answered before you contact a parking lot repair company.
What Can a Professional Parking Lot Repair Company Do to Help?
There are three big things that professionals can do for you:
- Sealing Cracks: Professionals can seal the cracks in your parking lot, even the big or small. This keeps moisture from getting underneath the paving, where it can do serious damage. It also helps your parking lot function as it should; safely.
- Sealcoating: Speaking of keeping moisture out, a seal coat will protect your entire parking lot from water damage. It will also protect it from the sun and from chemicals like gasoline spills and salt. It’s a small investment that pays off in fewer long-term repair costs. This is another repair that keeps your parking lot in a safe condition.
- Marking the Lot: Clearly marked parking spaces, loading zones, entrances, exits, and so forth give your customers a much easier and more pleasant experience. Like the others, this also helps to ensure safety.
When Should I Repair My Lot?
Some kinds of weather are better for parking lot repair than others. Both extreme cold and extreme heat can cause damage through cracking and buckling. Heat and cold can also make it difficult for asphalt and sealing compounds to set properly. If your business is located in an area with hot summers or cold, icy winters then it’s best to do parking lot repairs in the spring or fall. However, if you want it done during another season, contact us for more information.
What Kind of Maintenance Does a Parking Lot Need?
A parking lot’s maintenance needs vary with age. Old lots may need more maintenance than new ones. For all lots, it’s important to:
- Regularly remove piles of leaves and standing pools of water.
- Inspect the lot regularly for damage.
- Remove plant growth along the edge of the asphalt.
- Seal cracks.
- Treat bad spots.
- Regularly seal coat the lot.
Contact a Parking Lot Repair Company Today
Parking lot maintenance is an important part of your business. It can make your business safer for customers and saves you money on long-term repairs. That’s why it’s important to call a reliable parking lot repair company. Call us today at XSealer Asphalt Maintenance for a free estimate.